This post is dedicated to all my broke niggas out there. I understand the struggle of having no money to buy shit you want. Yet at the same time, you still want to be fly as fuck. This is going to be a comprehensive list of clothing stores that are affordable AND fashionable. Let’s just jump right into this long ass guide!
- 2020ave – This store is somewhat underrated, but it’s quickly become one of my favorite stores for fast fashion pieces and shoes at an affordable price. Seriously, check out their shoe section. It’s like a mini, cheaper version of Aldo. The quality ain’t that bad either.
- American Eagle – I know this sounds suspect as fuck, but AE jeans are cheap as fuck and more importantly affordable as fuck. For the girl(or guy) who’s on a budget, their jeans are an amazing steal. Occasionally I manage to snag a great pair of shoes from there(peep the sandals y’all).
- ASOS – Y’all ASOS is literally an online mall for cheap fashion. I’ve scored some amazingly cheap shoes, skirts, tops, and whatever else I need for an amazing price. With a multitude of brands, you can’t really go wrong with ASOS. Just want to note that some brands there are straight up overpriced crap, and aren’t worth your money. The ASOS brand has an amazing, and somewhat affordable line of basics(their tailored linen shorts are to die for) that can be used to build up your wardrobe from the bottom up. Their shoe selection is also lit as fuck and I’ve purchased a few pairs of statement heels from there.
- Cotton On – Cotton On is an Australian clothing store and I’ve fallen in love with them y’all. Their bras are legitimately the best bras I’ve ever bought and beat all the competition (looking at you Victoria’s Secret). The fits are flawless and the prices y’all. They deadass are selling some of these bras for $15. $15! If you need to replace your current struggle bra, Cotton On is your store.
- Dorothy Perkins – Honestly, I thought the UK based retailer looked drab and dreary as fuck the first time I visited their website, but after a bit of snooping I’ve found a couple of great basic pieces from there. DP’s clearance section always has a few gems that won’t break the bank.
- Express – Express is an incredibly cheap store IF you catch their sales on time. Typically, Express marks their shit up to a ridiculous price and certain simps will buy their clothing at full price. What y’all need to do is wait until they have one of their sales. Usually Express’ sales get you 40 – 70% off your whole purchase. I’ve gotten some really cute, casual dresses from Express and other miscellaneous shit.
- Haute Look – Daily deals on expensive designers. What more can I say? I check Haute Look every damn day for deals on handbags, shoes, clothes, and even for makeup deals.I’ll be discussing it’s sister site, Nordstrom Rack a bit below this so keep on reading!
- H&M – I feel like H&M and Forever21 are basically interchangeable. Anyways, H&M is basically a fast fashion store that’s like half a step above Forever21 in terms of quality except for a few things. Never buy any shirts for HM. Crap quality. However, H&M jeans have lowkey snatched my edges. I’ve had a pair of skinny jeans for a year and they still haven’t stretched out yet. I’m shocked to be honest. They’re literally my favorite pair of jeans ever and I got them on sale for $19.99. Check out them jeans y’all.
- Forever 21 – If I didn’t include Forever 21 I’d be a complete fucking idiot to be honest. I have three rules for shopping Forever 21: never spend more than $30 on one item, read the reviews, and don’t expect stuff to last a long time. Most of the shit I buy from Forever 21 are super trendy pieces that I don’t expect to last for more than one season. Despite this fuckery, Forever 21 is home to a few really great deals. Their $1.80 camis are fabulous and have actually lasted more than one season.
- Loft – Loft is Ann Taylor’s less pricey, super sale having, business casual sister. At retail price, most of Loft’s pieces are way out of my small ass budget. However, literally every fucking day Loft is having some sort of 40 – 60% off sale. I’m not even joking. Considering the cheap prices due to the sales, Loft’s quality is really wonderful. The only negative thing I have to say is that their vanity sizing is ridiculous. In Loft shirts I’m somehow an extra-extra small and in their pants I’m a 00. Seriously, size down when buying from them.
- Mixxmix – THIS is the store I want to rave about. I could ramble on for paragraphs about my love for this store, but I’ll keep it cute for the blog. Mixxmix is basically a Korean fast fashion store which has super low prices and great quality clothes. I was a bit concerned it was some Yoins/Zaful/Sheinside level crappy clothes, but everything I’ve bought from them has snatched my edges. They have amazing basics and trendy pieces, especially the skirts. Their skirt selection is straight fire. Two things to note: Their shoe sizes don’t go past US size 8, so you may be out of luck in that department and some of their one-size fits all clothing may not fit everyone.
- New Look – New Look = the UK version of Forever 21. I only use New Look to buy super trendy pieces that will fall apart in about a year or so. They occasionally have some really cool shoes and in the fall they stock a variety of booties. I bought a pair of black suede flats from them, and to my surprise they weren’t horribly uncomfortable nor did they look ridiculously cheap.
- Nordstrom Rack – For all those who want cheap designer goods: this is the store for you. I’ve gotten some super lit deals on shoes, designer handbags, and even some designer clothing. Nordstrom Rack has replaced TJMaxx as my go to “get cheap designer shit” store. Right now they’re having a massive up to 75% off on clearance sale, so if you want to cop some things, do it now!
- Old Navy – 99% of the time Old Navy is a cesspool of shit and more shit. The other 1%, you can find some dirt cheap basics. My favorite fitted tees have come from Old Navy, including the one I was wearing in this post. Honestly, I don’t recommend much from Old Navy aside from the basics, and even recently they’ve been fucking those up. Once again, make sure you read the reviews before wasting your money because Old Navy is on some fuckshit sometimes.
- Pomelo – After screwing around on YouTube for a bit, I peeped that one outfit in a lookbook featured a piece from a store called Pomelo. I then concluded that I needed that piece in my life ASAP and decided to check it out.Once it seemed somewhat legit I placed an order. This store has become one of my absolute favorites for trendy pieces. It’s like a smaller, cheaper version of Zara. If you need trendy pieces, this is your store.
- Target – I’m not a Target girl. I prefer Walmart with all of its empty registers, disgruntled employees, and general fuckery. With that being said, Target’s Merona and Mossimo line have some great basic t-shirts and tanks. In addition to that, Target consistently collaborates with designers, and their prices are low as fuck(looking at you Lily Pulitzer). Occasionally at Target I’ll score a super comfortable + cute + cheap pair of shoes, so keep your eyes peeled for shoes as well.
- Uniqlo – Is the GOAT store of basics. If you need sweatpants, chino shorts, button up shirts, or whatever else it is you need, Uniqlo’s got it. Last year I bought this beautiful navy blue dress that’s easily dressed up or down. Their linen button up shirts are also great quality, and you can get them for $19.90 each on sale. Also, if you’re into graphic tees, Uniqlo’s going to become your new favorite store.
- YesStyle – I feel like if I didn’t include YesStyle, I’d be a faux broke nigga. Not going to lie: a lot of the products are shit, low quality garbage. However, their are some gems in terms of trendy pieces and basic pieces. When shopping on YesStyle: always read the reviews and pay attention to the sizing. I never buy anything off YesStyle that has no reviews, or if the sizing is off. With this method, I’ve snagged some super cheap trendy pieces and some pretty decent basic pieces as well. Another quick note: Never buy shoes or bags off YesStyle. It’s not worth it.
- Zara – Oh Zara. The quintessential fast fashion store. I’m not going to go into detail because I’m lazy and everyone knows what Zara is. Zara’s handbags are lowkey the GOAT of cheap handbags. When I want to buy a random bag that I need to go with an outfit, Zara is the first place I hit.Right now I’m also loving their selection of shorts, most of which are super cheap + super stylish.
Anyways, that concludes my little guide and I hope my fellow broke people find this helpful. What are your favorite affordable clothing stores? Leave a comment below
and tell me so I can waste money I don’t have there!